Taking care of your family is your most important job. While this includes ensuring that they have food and shelter, it also means being able to care for them if they are ill. Health insurance is a very valuable tool in allowing your family to get the medical care that they need. Carroll & Stone Insurance can guide you in finding the right health care plan for you and your family to ensure that they can get the health care that is needed without undue financial stress.
With The Affordable Care Act, if you do not have insurance, you are faced with penalties when you file your income taxes. These penalties decrease the amount of money that you may get back on your taxes and this can be a huge burden on families. By learning more about your health insurance offerings, you can determine the best choice for your budget and for your family’s needs.
- Healthcare plans are available in a wide variety of types, as well as deductibles and coverage limits. By evaluating your family and your financial situation, you can find the right health insurance plan for you. Consider:
- Type of Plan : Is it an HMO, where you do not have a great deal of choice in healthcare providers? Is it a PPO, where you have more choice, but higher out of pocket costs? Or is it a High Deductible Healthcare Plan, where you have coverage for catastrophic health situations, but take care of your regular doctor visits and care yourself?
- Deductibles : While you may want the coverage with the lowest deductibles, the lower the deductible, the higher the premium. Find a balance that will work on both sides for you.
- Co-pays : Would you rather pay a co-pay for your care and know what to expect or pay less for your insurance and pay a percentage of your costs after you meet your deductible? This will be dependent upon your financial situation.
- There are other health insurance coverage add-ons that you can get by paying a bit more. They serve particular needs for clients. Some of them include:
- Medigap Insurance : This insurance coverage helps to cover the gaps for such things as copays and deductibles that are not paid for by Medicare. This can add up to quite a bit of expense, especially if you are in the hospital or need long-term care.
- Critical Illness Coverage : If you are diagnosed with a serious illness, such as cancer, this type of coverage can provide a lump-sum cash benefit that can help cover costs associate to your illness that are not covered by your basic health plan.
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance : This benefit gives a cash amount if you are put into a hospital for an illness or injury. The payment usually begins after a waiting period.
- Health Insurance can be one of the most important things that you can purchase for you and your family. By contacting Carroll & Stone Insurance, you can ensure that you will have the insurance that you need to cover you and your family’s health care.